Considering the protection of the individual information including the statistic and biometric data specified on the Aadhaar card, UIDAI has of late chosen to think of one of a kind element, named as Virtual Aadhaar ID.
One of the major benefits of this new process is that it will let organizations fetch only the information that is relevant, i.e., name, address and mobile number rather than giving the entire information of an individual’s
WHAT IS AADHAAR VIRTUAL ID?
The Aadhaar virtual ID comprises of 16 digit number that is mapped to an individual’s Aadhaar. An Aadhaar card holder utilizing = any money related issues.
The Aadhaar Virtual ID offers access to the biometric data of an Aadhaar card holder alongside the fundamental subtle elements like name, address and photo that are adequate for e-KYC. Now the only difference will be that none of the organizations will know the 12 digit Aadhaar number, limiting the access of stealing anyone’s personal information.
Also read: How real is Virtual ID in the real world?
BENEFITS OF AADHAAR VIRTUAL ID:
- Access to only that data which is essential, so you can be sure that not all your data is being scanned.
- It makes the work a little simpler for the organizations for the KYC purpose
- Generating Virtual ID is extremely easy since it’s a complete online process and you will receive it in less than a minute
- It is easily accessible, safe and a secure ID. It can work as a replacement to your Aadhaar so you can go to the UIDAI’s website and generate it anytime, anywhere.
STEPS TO GET YOUR AADHAAR VIRTUAL ID:
All Aadhaar card holders can avail this Virtual ID by visiting the UIDAI’s website.
- Visit the UIDAI’s website
- Under the ‘Aadhaar Services’ section, click on ‘Virtual ID Generator’
- Put your Aadhaar number followed by the security code/captcha
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ after putting the code
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile linked with Aadhaar
- On submitting the OTP, you will receive your Aadhaar virtual ID on your mobile linked with Aadhaar.