About 1.2 billion people have an Aadhaar number today which is about a whopping 99% of the adult population of our country. Launched by UIDAI a decade ago, Aadhaar is apparently forming the world’s largest biometric identification system.
The reign of Aadhaar has successfully stayed too long and is giving citizens another benchmark to embark upon. A series of new initiatives were also announced, becoming the talk of the town in the country.
And the spread looks to grow beyond expectations in the year 2018!
Read more to dig deeper into the importance of Aadhaar card & its related usage: Why Having an Aadhaar is Important?
Our phone carries our entire world together and all Aadhaar related intimation/s are through sms/texts nowadays. It was announced in the year 2017 to link personal mobile numbers with Aadhaar.
If you wish to register your mobile number with your Aadhaar Card, there can be two different settings:
- Linking your mobile number for the first time
- Updating Aadhaar data for the change in the mobile number by replacing the old one
Find your nearest Aadhaar centre. Click here
1. Linking your mobile number to Aadhaar for the first time:
This is done with a physical visit to the centre/kendra ( this is not possible online). Most online transactions are OTP (one-time-password) based i.e. the password is sent to the mobile number shared with the officials.
By visiting the centre/kendra, the below steps are to be followed:
- Visit your closest Aadhaar Kendra to get the updation Form or you can also download it from the UIDAI website.
- Fill out the form carefully with the mobile details and submit it to the concerned person at the centre (Do intimate on the form that only the mobile needs to be updated).
- Along with the photocopy of your Aadhaar card, one copy of an ID proof such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card needs to be submitted.
- Later the biometrics will be verified at the enrolment enter too. While registering Aadhaar, your biometrics were recorded and similarly it will be cross checked as well.
- After verification of the biometrics, an acknowledgement slip is given out. Usually it takes 2-5 working days for the updation to take place but not beyond 10 days but as per the UIDAI helpline.
2. Updating your mobile number later
Updating your mobile number can be easily done online, but then ensure it rightly that your old number is linked to Aadhaar, precisely because the OTP to authenticate the updation would be sent to your old number. You will be able link your new mobile number with Aadhaar after it’s registered with OTP for good.
- On the UIDAI website, under the Aadhaar Update, access the Aadhaar self-service portal.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and send in request for OTP.
- Submit the OPT sent on your existing mobile number and update the required details.
Owing to the remarkable reach of Aadhaar, it’s become even more important to link it up with their mobile numbers. Cash loan by Home Credit is fully Aadhaar based and can be availed instantly for a loan amount up to Rs.50, 000. It does not involve long and tedious forms, as it conveniently Aadhaar linked for quick data retrieval and approvals in place.